About our ICS
Our ICS is made up of all the partners in the South West London health and care system, working together in the following ways:
The South West London Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) is the committee that represents every part of the health and care community in South West London and is responsible for developing the strategy for the ICS and overseeing our work. Read more about our ICP.
NHS South West London Clinical Commissioning Group is the NHS organisation responsible for planning, buying and performance managing health and care services and improving population health. Read more about NHS South West London CCG.
Place-based partnerships between the NHS, local councils and voluntary organisations, residents, people who access services, carers and families. These partnerships lead design and delivery of integrated services in their local area.
Provider collaboratives, bringing NHS providers together across one or more ICSs, working with clinical networks, alliances and other partners, to benefit from working at scale. Read more about our provider collaboratives.
What are the benefits?
Collaborating as ICSs help health and care organisations tackle complex challenges, including:
- improving the health of children and young people
- supporting people to stay well and independent
- acting sooner to help those with preventable conditions
- supporting those with long-term conditions or mental health issues
- caring for those with multiple needs as populations age
- getting the best from collective resources so people get care as quickly as possible.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, in South West London GPs, councils and the voluntary sector joined forces to help quickly identify and support those at greater risk from the virus:
- People sleeping rough were given hotel accommodation
- Hospitals worked together sharing staff and resources so that more people could get the help and care they needed
- GPs worked together in networks to continue to offer face to face services for those who needed them whilst most appointments were offered over the phone or online.
We know that by working together with a shared ambition to help our communities thrive, we can achieve the best for everyone.