CALL FOR VOLUNTEER PATIENT, SERVICE USER, CARER REPRESENTATIVES
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about the future of your NHS and want to help us shape the future of services?
- We are currently seeking volunteers to play a key role in helping us shape the future of services for our local NHS.
- As a patient representative, service user, or carer your role will be to attend meetings and speak from a service user perspective, acting as a critical friend
Do you have an interest in one of the areas listed below:
We currently have volunteer positions for patient/user/carer representatives available in the following areas:
- Maternity services
- Paediatrics and Neonatal Care (a medical area that looks after unwell children and newborn babies)
- Planned Care (services and treatments that are arranged in advance such as a hip replacement at SWLEOC)
- Urgent and Emergency Care (e.g. A&E)
- Cancer services
- Mental health services
- Primary care (which includes GP and pharmacists)
What does the role involve?
Your role will be to attend meetings to bring in the voice and experience of patients/carers to discussions, acting as a critical friend.
Meetings will be held regularly and will usually take place in Wimbledon. Reasonable travel and alternative care expenses will be paid. We will support you to participate through: training; induction meetings and one to one support.
You can apply if you:
- live in south west London or Surrey Downs* or have experience/knowledge of using a service in these areas, and
- can commit to 2 hours a month to attend meetings (out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed); and
- are passionate and committed to improving the quality of care for patients across south west London and Surrey Downs*.
How to apply?
For more information or to request an information pack please contact Clare Thomas – email@example.com or phone 0203 458 5231.
THIS VACANCY HAS CLOSED
*Surrey Downs – (covers the boroughs of: Epsom and Ewell and Mole Valley, East Elmbridge and Banstead and the surrounding villages).