Patient and Public Engagement Steering Group (PPESG)
Aims of the Patient and Public Engagement Steering Group
The aim of the Patient & Public Engagement Steering Group is to ensure that there is effective lay involvement and patient and public engagement across the Health and Care Partnership.
PPESG membership consists of:
- Patient & Public Clinical Commissioning Group Lay Representatives from the six south west London boroughs
- Healthwatch Representatives from the six south west London boroughs
- Voluntary Sector Representatives from the six south west London boroughs
The main purpose of PPESG is to:
- Oversee public and patient engagement on the Health & Care Partnership, acting as a key strategic adviser to the Programme Board and the communications and engagement team on these matters.
- Provide two-way communication between the programme and key community/public stakeholders ensuring all parties are kept up-to-date with key information/developments
- Provide representatives to sit on the relevant governance structures such Programme Board and Clinical Board, providing a two-way dialogue between PPESG and the group.
- Advise on the targeted engagement activities to support wider engagement with a) diverse community groups and 2) engagement priorities of work streams.
Key Recent Work
Patient Voice on the SWL Governing Body
- The SWL Health and Care Partnership asked the group to review and advise on how to embed patient voice on the soon to be formed SWL CCG Governing Body.
- In June 2019 the group reviewed the current arrangements and agreed a set of underlying principles that should be applied moving forward.
- In July the group reviewed a number of options for how it could work. Including how Healthwatch and the Voluntary Sector should be involved as champions for patient voice.
- In the September meeting the model of involvement was agreed (2 seats on the Governing Body, one for HW and one for CVS) and detail of the role was discussed.
Membership of PPESG
|CCG Lay Rep||Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group|
|CCG Lay Rep||Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group|
|CCG Lay Rep||Merton Clinical Commissioning Group (Vice-Chair)|
|CCG Lay Rep||Richmond Clinical Commissioning Group|
|CCG Lay Rep||Sutton Clinical Commissioning Group|
|CCG Lay Rep||Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group (Vice-Chair)|
|Represented||Healthwatch Kingston upon Thames|
|Represented||Healthwatch Richmond upon Thames|
|Croydon Voluntary Action|
|Kingston Voluntary Action|
|Represented||Wandsworth Care Alliance|