South west London Transforming Care Partnership Plan
Following the publication of Building the Right Support (PDF document) (PDF document) (NHSE 2015), forty-eight Transforming Care Partnerships (TCPs) across England (six across London) were formed, each creating a plan on how local services would be changed to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and adults with learning disabilities and/or autism, who display behaviour that challenges including mental health conditions. The TCP programme is a three year programme, which started in April 2016 and will finish in March 2019.
The South West London’s Transforming Care Partnership’s (TCP) plan is focused on making sure that it can provide support to people with a learning disability and/or autism in the community, to do this it will improve services for people in times of crisis and provide training in positive behavioural support.
It also focuses on children and young people so that education, health and care plans meet a young person’s with a learning disability and/or autism immediate needs but also prepare them for the move into adulthood.
The South West London Transforming Care Plan aims to:
- Help people have less times of crisis by stepping in earlier and developing prevention techniques.
- See less people going back into hospital after a crisis by looking after them in the community after they have been discharged.
- Make sure that people across south west London are offered the same choices on personal budgets and personal health budgets.
- Make sure more people with a learning disability and/or autism are supported to live in the community.
- Provide support for families and carers, including more respite care and alternative short-term accommodation for patients
- Reduce how many people are staying in hospital by discharging them, if appropriate, into the community where the right set of services are in place for them.
- South West London TCP is made up of the following Clinical Commissioning Groups and Local Authorities:
Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Croydon CCG
- Kingston CCG
- Merton CCG
- Richmond CCG
- Sutton CCG
- Wandsworth CCG
- London Borough of Croydon
- Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- London Borough of Merton
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- London Borough of Sutton
- London Borough of Wandsworth
The plan below, published in 2016 outlines how the south west London will put person centred care at the heart of services for people with a learning disability and/or autism.
Guidance and Support Plan
Transforming Care Plan April 2016
Easy Read Transforming Care Plan 2016